Almost all companies have experienced dishonesty in transactions with competitors, employees, agents or service providers, or they may have been the victim of external fraud. Where the fraud has been damaging to your company – financially or to your reputation – we can assist you in bringing a private prosecution.
A suitable reaction to fraud committed upon your company will act as a deterrent to potential fraudsters in the future because it sends a clear message that you will take robust and decisive action.
We can provide advice at the investigation stage to ensure it is a focused, time-efficient and economical investigation that will result in a well-prepared case. We are used to making clear and rapid decisions on the focus of an investigation, based on knowledge and experience of what can be proved and how much needs to be proved for a successful case.
We are used to continually guiding difficult investigations, assessing the resulting evidence and bringing suitable cases to court, where we have unmatched experience of their effective presentation.
Examples of where a company may bring a private prosecution for fraud include:
- where there has been any type of fraud or false misrepresentation in a business, employment or financial situation which has resulted in a loss to, or negative impact upon, your company
- any kind of external fraud which has, or may cause, a financial loss to your business
- loan, insurance and mortgage fraud
- fraud when underwritten debts have been agreed based on false information
- internal fraud committed by employees
- any type of dishonesty, fraud or criminal behaviour committed by employees.
You may have previously used civil firms to bring civil fraud proceedings. Look at our link “Why prosecute?” to see the advantages in using us.
5/6 Crane Court I London I EC4A 2EJ I Tel: +44 (0)20 7583 8392