Fani studied Law with contemporary European studies at Sussex University and has since completed the Legal Practice Course with a view to becoming a fully qualified prosecutor.
She has varied experience, from debt recovery litigation to human rights work in Ghana. She joins us from the CPS where she primarily worked on organised crime cases involving drug importations, large scale money laundering, immigration offences and misconduct in public office cases.
Since joining Edmonds Marshall McMahon she now works primarily on company and international frauds, counterfeit and intellectual property prosecutions and is well versed in the Trade Marks Act 1994. She has also worked on the first crowd-funded private prosecution.
Cases of note:
1. Operation Sabra – £8m importation of liquid cocaine found in tins of carrot juice. The two defendants were sentenced to 22 years imprisonment.
2. Operation Presidentially – money laundering cash handovers where the defendant was sentenced to 2 years imprisonment.
3. Operation Heifer 2 – importation of cocaine via a corrupt airport baggage handler – sentenced to 10 years imprisonment following a guilty plea.
4. Operation Elveden – misconduct in public office following payments by journalists of the Sun newspaper to public officials – 4 defendants to face a retrial.
5. Op Palsgrave – production and sale of forged identity documents – 2 defendants receiving custodial sentences after guilty pleas.
6. Op Hawok – over a tonne of cannabis hidden on private German yacht – 3 defendants sentenced to 9 years following guilty pleas.
Fani receives high praise from every team she works with due to her calm, friendly nature and dedication to her cases.
Fani is a member of the following professional societies:
- Young Fraud Lawyers Association
- London Young Lawyers Association
- Female Fraud Forum