This is an exciting opportunity for a paralegal to join the specialist private prosecution firm based in Central London, Edmonds Marshall McMahon, ranked as a leading law firm in the Legal500. This is a chance to gain hands on experience in a leading white collar business crime firm dealing with high quality prosecutions into large scale fraud and financial crime.
- Run their own workload under supervision of a partner;
- Legal research;
- Liaise with the Courts, witnesses and clients on a daily basis;
- Provide support to Solicitors;
- Disclosure Reviews
- Preparing bundles
- General administrative duties
- Qualified with at least a 2:1
- Law degree (or the equivalent) essential
- Experience in criminal litigation, particularly serious fraud, preferable although not essential
- Experience with a prosecuting authority preferable although not essential
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong personal motivation and a positive outlook
- Ability to work independently with a keen sense of initiative
- Passionate about law
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent IT skills, in particular Word, Excell, Adobe.
- Experience of dealing with a case load and being able to prioritise effectively
Salary: Disclosed at Interview
Term: Initially a 3 month contract with a view to a permanent position.
Application process: Applications by letter and CV only. Your covering letter should cover why you feel this vacancy is suitable for you. Please send your cover letter and CV to FaniGamon@emmlegal.com and AshleyFairbrother@emmlegal.com
Closing date: 16.00pm, Saturday 17th March 2018,
How will the applicant be contacted/interview dates?
Applicants will be contacted by Friday 23rd March. Interviews will commence W/C 2nd April 2018