Edmonds Marshall McMahon is the first and only specialist private prosecution law firm in the UK and is described by the UK Legal 500 (2013-2017) as a leading firm in “Fraud: white collar-crime”. We also have leading civil fraud and trust practitioners who are recognised internationally as at the forefront of civil fraud, trust and asset tracing work.
The firm is staffed by highly experienced prosecutors and offers tailor-made private prosecution services to companies and individuals.
This role forms part of the management team working alongside the 6 partners and driving the overall strategy of the business. It will be reporting into the Managing partner, Tamlyn Edmonds.
Responsibility for all People process and strategy including:
- the hiring and selection of top talent.
- effective on-boarding.
- driving performance and supporting the Partners in implementing and managing an appraisal system.
- taking the lead on any Employee Relations matters.
- making sure the team is recognised, rewarded and paid in the right way and at the right time.
- keeping records of staff sickness and annual leave and raising any concerns with the partners.
- maintaining and updating the office manual.
- managing the vendor relationship with the outsourced provider.
- ordering of any IT or office equipment.
- identifying and assisting the partners in choosing new IT and case management systems.
- IT asset management and tracking.
- assisting the partners with compliance matters (COLP & COFA & SRA) and identifying changes required.
- understanding GDPR and taking action to ensure that we remain compliant.
- maintaining accident log and ensuring compliance with health & safety, fire safety etc;
- dealing with website content and enquiries.
- identifying any award entry opportunities and writing the tenders.
- assisting with other marketing efforts and events.
- creating and managing a consistent filing system.
- maintaining CPD records.
- management and development of the administrative assistants.
- monitoring billing targets and dealing with any issues arising.
- attending monthly partner meetings and assisting with business plans.
- taking minutes of partner meetings and distributing with reminders of action points arising.
- managing and negotiating with various vendors.
- arranging Overseas travel whilst ensuring cost efficiency.
- ensuring client and contact database is up to date.
- overseeing the regular distribution of the company Newsletter.
- previous experience of working in a law firm is essential.
- must have operated at managerial level.
- able to demonstrate experience in HR, IT, marketing and compliance.
- obsessive attention to detail.
- proactive. Works off own initiative, self-managing.
- able to remain calm and professional under pressure.
- comfortable with ambiguity and sometimes adversity.
- possesses the right gravitas to operate within a leadership team.
- collaborator / team player and a solid people leader.
- a trusted and approachable partner to the team where confidentiality of information is key.
- Competitive salary
- Bonus scheme
- Central London offices
- 25 day’s holiday
We’re looking for team members who have an inbuilt intellectual curiosity, who will challenge the norm and strive for perfection. You will be hungry to be part of the management team, , self-driven and proactive. If this is you, we can’t wait to meet you!
We welcome applications from all sections of the community and are an Equal Opportunities employer. We are also happy to make any reasonable adjustments at any stage of the recruitment process should you need it, please just let us know.
Please email your CV and cover letter/email to email@example.com