Lawyer – 4+ years PQE
Edmonds Marshall McMahon are looking to expand our specialist team of criminal prosecutors with a lawyer of 4+ years PQE experience. We are committed lawyers who are passionate about our practise and our clients and we would like someone who shares that same enthusiasm.
- Minimum of four years of PQE experience of white-collar crime and ideally, experience in corporate and commercial law.
- Experience of managing client relations, providing client guidance on all aspects of the criminal process and a strong working knowledge of the Criminal Procedure Rules.
- Experience in prosecuting a range of criminal matters.
- A detailed understanding of the offences of fraud, conspiracies to defraud and perverting the course of justice.
- Ability to research, analyse and evaluate information and instructions to make informed judgements.
- Familiarity with case management systems and time recording.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as the ability to think on your feet and use your initiative.
- The ability to think flexibly and creatively.
Personality & Drive
- The ability to get along well in a team environment.
- A willingness to assist other team members as and when deadlines arise.
- Enthusiastic, dedicated, hard-working and passionate about your work
- The investigation and preparation of prosecution cases, including very complex fraudulent and commercial transactions.
- Liaising with and taking instructions from the client in the day to day management of cases.
- Managing a range of cases for a range of clients.
- Drafting instructions to counsel and expert investigators and collating accompanying documents.
- Drafting witness statements.
- Drafting letters and advice to clients.
- Drafting summons applications and laying of Information at the Magistrates Court.
If this post is of interest to you, please email Ashley Fairbrother, via firstname.lastname@example.org with a C.V, salary levels and notice period, or alternatively, telephone 0207 583 8392.
Edmonds Marshall McMahon are looking to expand their specialist investigation team with two individuals with complex fraud investigation experience. We would welcome interest from motivated, intelligent and curious people who would like to work in a cutting edge (yet collegiate) environment.
We specialise in private prosecution work and our caseload varies enormously from straightforward fraud cases to large complex cases with international dimensions that can touch upon any industry or sector. To work effectively on these cases you need to be able to process and analyse large and varied amounts of data and information and quickly be able to understand the issues in a case. You need to be able to distil down and articulate the issues in a case, either in writing or graphically. You need to be able to identify what needs to happen next and how case objectives can be achieved. You need to have excellent communication and interpersonal skills so you can deal effectively with other members of the firm and also our clients, to whom you must demonstrate your capabilities.
The roles reports to the Head of Investigations. A strong academic background is important, as is relevant work history. Salary will depend upon experience.
- Experience of working on complex investigations involving high volumes of data.
- Experience of writing reports of investigative findings.
- Experience of conducting witness interviews.
- Experience of drafting witness statements.
- Experience of using data analytical techniques to show patterns or flows of information stemming from an investigation.
- A sophisticated knowledge of OSINT sources and techniques.
- Experience of drafting complex witness statements.
- Experience of using eDiscovery tools.
- Knowledge of criminal offences and procedure.
- Experience of conducting suspect interviews.
- Experience of conducting complex witness interviews.
Please send a CV and supporting statement of no more than 750 words explaining how you can demonstrate the essential and desirable skills to email@example.com.
14th August 2022
In house counsel – 6+ years
Edmonds Marshall McMahon is recruiting in-house counsel to join its criminal team. This is an exciting time to join a talented and diverse team at the forefront of private prosecutions. To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Crown Court prosecution experience essential
- Detailed working knowledge of CPIA, POCA and the Attorney General’s Guidelines 2013 on Disclosure
- Technical and great attention to detail
- Ability to provide written and verbal advice on evidence and prosecution procedure
- Comfortable dealing with various personalities
- Team player
- Would suit someone looking for a career change from the Bar
- Private health insurance
- Pension scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Competitive referral commission
…. and much more