Lawyer – 4+ years PQE
Edmonds Marshall McMahon are looking to expand our specialist team of criminal prosecutors with a lawyer of 4+ years PQE experience. We are committed lawyers who are passionate about our practise and our clients and we would like someone who shares that same enthusiasm.
- Minimum of four years of PQE experience of white-collar crime and ideally, experience in corporate and commercial law.
- Experience of managing client relations, providing client guidance on all aspects of the criminal process and a strong working knowledge of the Criminal Procedure Rules.
- Experience in prosecuting a range of criminal matters.
- A detailed understanding of the offences of fraud, conspiracies to defraud and perverting the course of justice.
- Ability to research, analyse and evaluate information and instructions to make informed judgements.
- Familiarity with case management systems and time recording.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as the ability to think on your feet and use your initiative.
- The ability to think flexibly and creatively.
Personality & Drive
- The ability to get along well in a team environment.
- A willingness to assist other team members as and when deadlines arise.
- Enthusiastic, dedicated, hard-working and passionate about your work
- The investigation and preparation of prosecution cases, including very complex fraudulent and commercial transactions.
- Liaising with and taking instructions from the client in the day to day management of cases.
- Managing a range of cases for a range of clients.
- Drafting instructions to counsel and expert investigators and collating accompanying documents.
- Drafting witness statements.
- Drafting letters and advice to clients.
- Drafting summons applications and laying of Information at the Magistrates Court.
If this post is of interest to you, please email Ashley Fairbrother, via email@example.com with a C.V, salary levels and notice period, or alternatively, telephone 0207 583 8392.
In house counsel – 6+ years
Edmonds Marshall McMahon is recruiting in-house counsel to join its criminal team. This is an exciting time to join a talented and diverse team at the forefront of private prosecutions. To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Crown Court prosecution experience essential
- Detailed working knowledge of CPIA, POCA and the Attorney General’s Guidelines 2013 on Disclosure
- Technical and great attention to detail
- Ability to provide written and verbal advice on evidence and prosecution procedure
- Comfortable dealing with various personalities
- Team player
- Would suit someone looking for a career change from the Bar
- Private health insurance
- Pension scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Competitive referral commission
…. and much more