Fani joined Edmonds Marshall McMahon in January 2015 from the CPS where she primarily worked on organised crime cases involving drug importations, large-scale money laundering, immigration offences and misconduct in public office cases.
Her current work involves serious and complex fraud, counterfeit and intellectual property prosecutions and proceeds of crime. She has also worked on the first crowd-funded private prosecution.
Examples of Fani’s work include:
- R v Kulich – $1.2m cross jurisdictional fraud where the defendant was sentenced to 5 years;
- R v Shinners – successful conviction of fraudulent estate agent sentenced to 3 years;
- R v Troy Wood – joint private and public prosecution for offences of fraud, theft and perverting the course of justice.
- R v Purcell – crowdfunded prosecution for causing death by careless driving.
- Operation Sabra – £8m importation of liquid cocaine found in tins of carrot juice. The two defendants were sentenced to 22 years imprisonment.
- Operation Elveden – misconduct in public office following payments by journalists of the Sun newspaper to public officials – 4 defendants to face a retrial.
Fani receives high praise from clients and colleagues alike due to her calm, friendly nature and dedication to her cases.
Fani is a member of the following professional societies:
- Young Fraud Lawyers Association
- Junior Lawyers Division of Law Society
- Female Fraud Forum