Mai Holdom joined Edmonds Marshall McMahon in 2018. As an Associate, Mai works on both criminal and civil matters, including in the following areas:
- Asset Tracing
- Proceeds of Crime Act Applications
- Complex Banking & Financial Record Analysis
- Norwich Pharmacal Applications
Mai’s current work is primarily focused on a large fraud prosecution in the Crown Court. She is involved in leading asset tracing investigations and related proceedings under the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002. She has been involved in the restraint of assets located around the world and has liaised with foreign law enforcement agencies in doing so, bringing contempt proceedings to ensure restraint is effective.
Mai was admitted as a lawyer to the Supreme Court of Queensland in November of 2017 after graduating from the University of Queensland with a Bachelor of Laws, with honours, and a Bachelor of Arts (International Relations). She completed a Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice with the Australian National University in 2017. Prior to joining EMM Mai worked as an Associate to His Honour Judge Reid of the Queensland District Court and as a paralegal at the Queensland Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions.
- Global Fraud and Corruption – the results, how businesses are responding and what can we do about it?
- Romance Fraud in Covid-19: Just Swipe Right
- Fast global fiscal response in a crisis